Photo: Kiamesha Lake by Flickr user Catskills Photography in the Watershed Post photo pool.
Time for another glorious weekend! Here's what's popping up around some local sites.
- This weekend! Canal Days Celebration at the Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site in Fort Hunter. New York History expands on the archaeological theme for this year's festivities.
- The Esopus: magnet for invasive species. This time, it's the water chestnut (but not the tasty kind).
- Hunter needs a name for its newest trail and the powers-that-be have opened it up to the community for suggestions.
- Despite our gloomy, rain-filled winter, we're at the beginnings of a drought.
- Anyone that's crossed the Wallkill River from New Paltz into the Shawangunks has crossed the Carmine Liberta Bridge. Rebuilt in 1941, the bridge is being examined to determine the extent of repairs or restoration needed.
- "Come for the bacon, stay for the music!" Makes you want to click on the link, right?
- Diary of a Transplant looks forward with enthusiasm to the Greene County Fair in Cairo next weekend.
- Ashokan Center nears completion. Spoiler alert: it's pretty.