Job ID: 200107
Civil Service Title: PRINCIPAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOC
Title Code No: 10124
Job Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Proposed Salary Range: $ 46,782.00 - $ 68,003.00 (Annual)
Work Location: 7870 State Rd 42 Grahamsville, NY 12740
Division/Work Unit: Del Div Office Delaware Upst
Hours/Shift: 35 Hours per week / Day Shift
The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) protects public health and the environment by supplying clean drinking water, collecting and treating wastewater, and reducing air, noise and hazardous materials pollution. DEP is the largest combined municipal water and wastewater utility in the country, with nearly 6,000 employees. We deliver 1.1 billion gallons of high quality drinking water per day to 8.3 million New York City residents and more than 1 million people in Upstate New York, and we collect and treat an average of 1.3 billion gallons of wastewater per day.
The Bureau of Water Supply seeks to hire a Principal Administrative Associate II to serve as the Reporting Publications Assistant at offices located in Grahamsville, New York. This position will report directly to the Chief of Staff for the Bureau of Water Supply and will compile, format and proof read a variety of written and digital materials such as reports, presentations and correspondence, assist with outreach events and work on special projects for the Bureau. Specifically the Reporting and Publications Assistant will be responsible for the following:
• Compiling, formatting and proof reading a wide array of reports for the Bureau including deliverables for new York City’s Filtration Avoidance Determination and Consumer Confidence Reports
• Compiling, formatting and proofing presentations
• Writing special reports and papers
• Compiling various metrics within the Bureau
• Coordinating the Bureau’s correspondence and FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) requests
• Preparing and staffing outreach events including fairs, local outdoor events, and other outreach programs
• Preparing fliers, posters, pamphlets and other materials for outreach events
• Creating and maintaining fact sheets, resources and various other written and digital materials for the Bureau
• Archiving watershed photos and other historical materials
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience, one year of which must have been in an administrative capacity or supervising staff performing clerical/administrative work of more than moderate difficulty; or
2. An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience including one year of the administrative supervisory experience described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and five years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience including one year of the administrative supervisory experience as described in "1" above;
4. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above. However, all candidates must possess the one year of administrative or supervisory experience as described in "1" above. Education above the high school level may be substituted for the general clerical/administrative experience (but not for the one year of administrative or supervisory experience described in "1" above) at a rate of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 3½ years.
• Strong writing ability and proof reading skills
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Programs (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc.)
• Some experience with design layout/graphic design for brochures and pamphlets
• Basic understanding of science and engineering
DEP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce. Your voluntary response to the NYCAPS on-line application section for referral information will assist us tremendously in our ability to track the success or our outreach and recruitment efforts. Please be sure to indicate your source of referral to this job.
Grahamsville is a hamlet at the junction of NY 42 and 55 in the Town of Neversink, in Sullivan County, NY approximately 107 miles northwest of Midtown Manhattan (New York City).
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
Go to NYC Careers https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ and enter Job ID Number 200107 in the Quick Search box.
For current City employees, log onto Employee Self Service and search for Job ID Number 200107.
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer