Trout Tales 2017: A Catskills Fishing CelebrationSaturday, March 25 1 PM
Spillian: A Place to Revel 1 PM - 5 PM Demos and Expo with Licensed Guides, World-Class Anglers, Biologists, Gear Specialists, and More!
5 PM - 6 PM Happy Hour Featuring the Trout Tale, A Catskills Cocktail
6 PM - Dinner & Fish Tale Story Telling Contest
Try, test, taste, experience, explore…
Whether you’re a beginner looking to find out more about fly fishing Catskill streams, or you’re one of the “charmed circle” of fly fishermen, we hope you’ll join us for Trout Tales 2017 a hands-on day celebrating all things trout. try, test, taste, experience, explore…and it all culminates in a fishing feast of old, around the grand table, where we’ll swap fishing tales...some may even be true!
We'll have some of the Catskills' greatest fly fishermen sharing the secrets of casting, fly-tying, reading streams, where to hike into legendary waters and secret fishing spots, cooking trout, the right gear, and more, culminated with a superb trout feast in the evening. (And trout stories. Of course. There must be fish stories. Some may even be true...)
If you've always wanted to explore trout fishing but didn't know where to start, here's your chance! And if you love all things trout and want to get a jump on newest cool gear, come on by.
This event is the center of a growing regional celebration of all things trout throughout the Catskills in the early spring, inviting visitors to experience the magic of the birthplace of American fly-fishing.
Ashokan Pepacton Chapter of Trout Unlimited
The Catskill Mountain News
WIOX Community RadioWith Generous Support from:
Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties
Margaretville Telephone Company
Catskill Watershed Corporation
• Kids welcome, and free 15 and under for the afternoon (dinner separate)
• Bring your best fish tale and win best tale-teller of the evening
• Lodging available! Call 800-811-3351 for more information
• Learn more about Trout Tales as a growing regional partnership here.
Advance ticket purchase requested for the Fish Expo and required for the Trout Feast.
• Adult entry to the afternoon Fish Fest. $12.00 (Here's a tip! Enter the coupon code "Trout Bucks" on checkout and receive $2 off each admission.)
• Kid's entry to the afternoon Fish Fest. FREE! (We're asking for these to have a sense of numbers.)
• Dinner at the Trout Feast and Fish Tales. $35.00 plus tax