Above: Oh, hey, Plattekill! So, it snowed this week, but don't worry, it'll melt in time to muddy up the weekend. Good one, Mother Nature, good one. Photo by Flickr user Oliver Rich, used under a Creative Commons license.
- Upstater is reporting this week that more people are fleeing from the Hudson Valley than are fleeing to the Hudson Valley, according to a Marist College survey. Two questions come to mind. 1) Does this mean it will be easier to get a reservation at Peekamoose this weekend? 2) Do you think it's because we're full of crazies? And, why not a third: How is this possible when LivingSocial is making it so attractive to come here?
- The Cha Cha Hut introduces a Frito Lay Pie; Peggy Hill would be proud.
- Catskills Cycling basks in mild New York winter; goes on awesome mid-winter cycling road trip anyway. Sees irony, but writes a great blog post about it.
- Winter in the Catskills posts some great shots of snow-laced skiers on Blockbuster at Plattekill last weekend, proving to surly, rain-drenched downstaters that we have, in fact, had a little bit of winter.
- Metal Camp is coming to Wurtsboro. So, you know, stock up on the earplugs, Sullivan County!
- We (and, OK, everyone else in the world, including Gizmodo) reported about the fossilized forest near Gilboa Dam and it blew up all over the web; got us linked to by BBC (gratuitous horn-tooting...now).
For more random tidbits from around the watershed, check out Around the Blogshed.