Above: Don't get excited: this photo's from 2007. Maybe if we post enough pictures of the white stuff Mama Nature will get the hint that we (and Belleayre and Windham and Hunter and Plattekill) are ready for winter to get started! Photo by Flickr user MccWolf in the Watershed Post Flickr pool.
From the window, I can see that while the eastern bureau of the WP got deluged in rain, the northern Catskills appeared to get some snow in the higher elevations. The Weather Channel is predicting scattered snow showers across the region between now and Christmas day. Cross your fingers while you're wrapping presents. Here's what's going on around the area blogs.
- Storm brings surge of water to Liberty; crayfish tag along, stay for the fly fishing. Scroll down for a mesmerizing weather map loop.
- Kingston Times editorial argues that perhaps the Apocalypse is Now, maybe just in a different form than we were expecting, thanks very much Mayan calendar.
- Wawarsing passes anti-fracking measure on strength of vocal residents.
- For those keeping score, releases from the Ashokan were shut down earlier today BECAUSE RAIN. (You know; you were there.)
- The PBA brings holiday cheer (AND TOYS) to some deserving Fallsburg children.
- Tannersville real estate-themed eye candy today over at Upstater. Methinks those gardens probably aren't so green now, but snow-capped they'd look lovely, too. Give the gift to yourself of Greene County.
- Ellenvillagers turned out last night to oppose potential tightening of gun laws.
- Toilet-flushing just got more fun in the Town of Catskill; grant to help in extending sewer district awarded.
- The Catskill Chronicle is taking a brief pause due to illness -- send it your well wishes on its site, or on Facebook!
Hope your holiday is peaceful, restful and bright. Best wishes to all our readers!