- Clear all of the snow off your vehicle including headlights, windows, windshield and tail lamps.
- Leave extra space between you and the vehicle in front of you. Never follow a highway plow truck closely or attempt to pass one.
- Keep your gas tank full as possible.
- Assume bridge surfaces are slippery as they freeze more quickly than road surfaces.
- Be wary of black ice.
- Keep calm and do not panic in case of a vehicle breakdown accident or if you become snowbound.
- Keep your cell phone battery charged and keep it with you whenever traveling.
- Make sure someone knows your travel plans and routes